Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to your stay at Oaks Hotels & Resorts.
Terms & Conditions below are for bookings made directly via the Hotels’ website and payments via payment gateway system through Oaks hotels and Resorts Limited ACN -113 972 366, an affiliated company of Minor Hotel Group Limited.
The property reserves the right to charge an early departure fee in the event a guest departs earlier than the original departure date.Late Check-Out
A valid Credit Card is required at time of booking and a valid Credit Card must be presented at time of check in.
No Party Policy
Oaks has a strict no party policy. In the event that any apartment/guest is identified as having a party, the hotel reserves the right to immediately request all occupants of the apartment up to, and including, the guest who has registered for the apartment to vacate the premises. In the event that an eviction does occur, the accommodation is non refundable. In addition the registered guests will be required to settle the account prior to departure for any expense resulting from additional cleaning of the apartment, replacement of any furniture/fixture/fitting breakage, as well as for any required repairs.
Pay On Arrival Policy
Guests can choose to book now and pay later with particular rates (ie Best Flexible Rate). A valid Credit Card is required at time of booking however the full payment isn't required until check-in. Changes and cancellations are permitted up until 2pm hotel local time within 48 hours prior to arrival. Changes or cancellations within this time will be charged in full. No shows will also be charged in full.
Upon arrival at your selected property Guests must provide valid Federal or State Government issued photographic identification for security purposes. The booking must be under the name of the person checking in. In addition, the Guest must also provide a credit card in the name of the photographic ID.
A Credit Card pre-authorisation of $75 is required upon check in. The pre-authorised amount is set aside by your bank for a period of up to 10 working days The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or spending limit. For more information on this practice we suggest contacting your bank for more information. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, we cannot release, remove or lower the authorised amount, until we process the final account on departure. Oaks Hotels & Resorts reserve the right to pre-authorise all credit cards upon check in. Cash is not an acceptable form of bond when staying with Oaks Hotels & Resorts.
Children sleep free on existing bedding, within the maximum allowed guests per room. If a roll away / cot / sofa bed is required charges will apply.
All credit / debit card payments made to Oaks Hotels & Resorts will incur a 1.5% non-refundable, credit card service fee.
Please note that bookings made prior to 1 March 2018 for a stay at any of our New Zealand properties will be subject to any fee increases to the credit card service fee if payment is processed through an on-site payment system at the property after 1 March 2018.
If any feature/facility is essential for the guest in choosing a particular property, we recommend contacting the hotel prior to booking. Minor Hotel Group cannot be held liable for omissions or errors whether temporary or permanent of a property’s facilities and services. Photos shown on the website are indicative only and may not specifically represent the exact room allocated to you. Destination images featured on the Oaks Hotels & Resorts website may not represent the views offered from our locations. Accommodation facilities listed may not apply to all room types.
No-Shows / Failure to Cancel
Each rate booked at a Minor Hotel Group property is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy of the particular type of rate booked. We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error. We reserve the right to cancel or amend bookings if they do not adhere to our terms & conditions. If a guest chooses to shorten their stay or check out early a penalty charge will apply, as detailed in the Cancellation Policy associated with the rate booked.
Minor Hotel Group and its affiliates reserve the right to cancel contracts based upon incorrect information being displayed in relation to price, inclusions or service at any point in time.
Conversion into foreign currency is given as an indication and is not binding. Only the currency confirmed during your reservation is confirmed.
In the event of a situation whereby the Property cannot provide accommodation as previously confirmed for whatever reason, the Property will undertake to relocate guests to a comparable alternate Minor hotel group property at its absolute discretion with no additional cost to the guest. Should the guest wish to choose a property of a higher standard other than offered under this condition, the guest will be required to pay any price difference. Should the guest not wish to accept the relocation, a full refund & booking cancellation may be granted.
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant to Minor Hotel Group that you will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. Although Minor Hotel Group may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on this Website, Minor Hotel Group is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Website. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Minor Hotel Group will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Minor Hotel Group to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms and Conditions to the contrary, Minor Hotel Group and its affiliates shall not be responsible for indirect damage, damage arising from consequential damage or special circumstances, including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity, arisen out of the performance or non performance of obligations under this Terms and Conditions.
Minor Hotel Group strongly recommends you purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance. We suggest that the policy include, but not limited to, the following coverage – loss of payment through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money and medical expenses.
Links to Third Parties
Minor Hotel Group does not control any third party website and is therefore not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. Minor Hotel Group provides such links only as a convenience to you and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by Minor Hotel Group of the linked website or any information contained in it.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The products and/or services described in and available through the site may not be available in your country. We make no representation that the services or products offered in the site are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. The site is operated from Australia and it is governed by the laws of Australia.
WHO NEEDS A HOLIDAY? Facebook and Instagram terms and conditions.
This competition “Win the Ultimate Oaks-scape” is conducted by Oaks Hotels & Resorts ABN 70-113-972-366, of 5/26 Duporth Ave, Maroochydore QLD 4558 (“Promoter”).
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individual entrants who:
- Is a resident of Australia and is 18 years or older
- Is not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations associated with the Competition
- The Competition commences at 13:00 pm AEST on 28/02/18 and closes at 18:00pm AEST on 05/03/18 (“Entry Period”)
- To enter, an entrant must have a current, public Instagram account and follow the entry instructions in these conditions.
- Entries must be posted during the Entry Period.
- All entrants must follow the @Oaks_Hotels Instagram and tag three friends in the comments section below the post.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, late, incorrectly submitted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failures in equipment or telecommunications service.
- The Promoter may reject Internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of competition entry services.
- The Promoter may at its absolute discretion, declare an entry made by an entrant invalid if the entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
WINNER AND PRIZE
- The Competition winner be selected at random. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason a winner doesn’t take a prize or prize element by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or prize element will be forfeited.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Total prize value is a $500AUD Oaks voucher. Voucher can be redeemed over the phone only by calling reservations on 13 62 57. Voucher cannot be used online. The voucher number must be provided at time of booking and can only be used once. Valid for Australia hotels only. Not redeemable for cash and not transferrable. Voucher is valid for $500AUD in accommodation only. Only 1 voucher permitted per booking. Voucher can be redeemed towards any rate showing publicly on our website excluding promo code rates such as MyOaks or Groups. Booking terms and conditions will match the rate quoted. Upgrades, incidentals and extra person surcharges are the responsibility of the voucher holder. If voucher is lost it cannot be replaced & value will be forfeited in entirety. Voucher must be used prior to the expiry date, extensions will not be permitted. A credit card security bond will be required on arrival. Cancellations or amendments to booking made within 24 hours of arrival may incur a forfeit of the prize. Voucher may not be used in block out periods. Subject to availability.
- The winner will be selected on 06/03/2017 at Oaks Hotels & Resorts 5/26 Duporth Ave, Maroochydore QLD 4558
- The prize winner will be notified in writing via their social media account within two days of the winners’ selection.
- The prize notification will state that the prize has been won and will include instructions as to how the prize winner may claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. The Winner must be able to prove to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that he/she satisfies the requirements of being an Entrant pursuant to condition these Terms and Conditions.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, vandalism, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries or gaming authority regulation’s, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage, loss, or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter, their associated agencies and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit. Once prizes have left Promoter’s premises, the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery or failure to deliver prizes safely.
- All Entrants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter's products.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram
- By entering the Competition, each entrant releases Instagram from any and all liability to the entrant arising in any way from the conduct of the Competition.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant releases Facebook from any and all liability to the entrant arising in any way from the conduct of the Competition.
PRIVACY, DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT TO USE INFORMATION
- The Entrant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, use and disclose personal information about the Entrant, including name, suburb, age and image.