Our Travel Advisory Policy – Covid-19
Individual cancellation policy
In order to support our guests at this time for all non-flexible bookings made prior to 1st April for arrival from 1st April 2020 to 31st August 2020 inclusive we are offering extra flexibility and support. Any bookings that have been made directly through oakshotels.com, email, LiveChat and our Customer Contact Centre will be offered the following:
- Free change of date and change of destination up to 48 hours prior to arrival for stays on or before 22nd December 2020
Book with confidence
Given the exceptional circumstances we currently face, we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new bookings made directly through oakshotels.com, email, Live Chat, and our Customer Contact Centre between now and 30th June 2020.
- Free change of date and change of destination up to 48 hours prior to arrival for stays on or before 22nd December 2020 for hotels across Australia and New Zealand. A full credit of deposits paid will be applied and no change of booking fees charged, however date and hotel changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate.
If you have booked through a third party, travel agent or tour operator please contact them directly.
Groups and Meetings Cancellation
- We remain flexible and understanding of the situation
- Cancellation requests claimed to be due to restricted travel linked to the Novel Coronavirus will be treated on a “case by case” basis
- Cancellation requests from all countries as well as domestic groups will be considered
- Cancellation requests for groups and meetings arrivals from 24 January 2020 until 30th June 2020 will be considered
- Deposits or pre-payments will be held as payment towards a future booking within 1 year of the originally booked check-in date for individuals, and within 2 years of the originally booked check-in date for groups
- If the cancellation request is unwilling or unable to rebook, or do not agree to these terms, they will be treated on a case by case basis to find a solution and we can be flexible on the re-booking period in order to secure a positive resolution
Public Area Access
The management of Oaks Hotels, Resorts and Suites is taking all the necessary measures to ensure that the hotel is fully compliant with the recommendations of local authorities and that of the World Health Organisation at this time.
Additional preventative measures already implemented include hand sanitisers available on all reception desks, thorough sanitising of all rooms for arriving guests including all high touch surfaces and linens. The cleaning of high touch-point areas within in common areas has also been increased to take place every hour.
Following the government’s increased restrictions on public facilities, food & beverage venues will now be open for takeaway and/or home delivery only and will no longer be accommodating dine-in guests. Onsite facilities, such as gyms, indoor pools and spas will also be closed during the period.
Oaks Hotels, Resorts and Suites is committed to ensuring that the hotel or resort is prepared to take further preventive measures should circumstances indicate.